The Vertex is the next generation Velleman 3D printer kit.
Accurate, affordable & open source.
This DIY kit is ideal for makers who want to make their own 3D printer and who already have some experience with 3D printers. It’s a fun build and precise build!
Find the assembly and setup manual on: manuals.velleman.eu
Now available: A 10-pc toolset to help you build the Vertex 3D Printer VTSET8400
Looking for filament? Check out our wide range of PLA and ABS filaments here!
Looking to become a Vertex expert? Check out the Vertex Starter Pack here!
Looking for a second nozzle? Optional: Second nozzle for Vertex 3D Printer K8402
- print technology: Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
- layer resolution: standard: 0.1 mm (maximum: 0.2 mm – minimum: 0.05 mm)
- build plate: 215 x 240 mm (8.46″ x 9.45″)
- build volume: 180 x 200 x 190 mm (7″ x 7.8″ x 7.5″)
- print speed: 30 mm/s – 120 mm/s
- travel speed: 30 mm/s – 300 mm/s
- build plate surface: Removable layer of BuildTak™ (consumable; also sold separately).
- filament diameter: 1.75 mm (accepts all filament spools with a mounting hole = 53 mm). Open filament policy.
- prints: PLA, ABS. Testing with other materials in progress.
- nozzle 1&2 diameter: 0.35mm. One nozzle supplied. Second nozzle optional.
- distance between nozzles: 23.7 mm
- maximum nozzle operating temperature: 260 °C
- firmware: Modified Open Source Marlin 3D Printer. Firmware – user upgradable
- software: Repetier – CuraEngine – Slic3r (RepRap compatible)
- dimensions: X Y Z 360 – 380 – 395 mm (14″ x 15″ x 15.5″) (without filament spools).
- frame: Polycarbonate panels and fibre reinforced molded ABS parts
- weight: 10 kg
- average noise level during operation: 52 dBA (at 1 m)
- ambient operation temperature: max 25 °C
- storage temperature: – 10 °C to + 40 °C
- communication: USB 2.0 or SD card
- controller board: AVR ATmega2560 based. Dual head and heated bed capable.
- display: 4 x 20 char. blue LCD with white backlight
- AC input: 100 – 240 VAC 50-60Hz 150W max.