We did a little experimental project with the Delorean car design by ZacLeung. Download the design on Thingiverse here!
This project is ideal to use as a night light or just for fun!
To 3D print this great DeLorean design properly, we’ve split up the model into a front and rear part. This way, each part has a flat side that is ideal as a first layer. We also scaled the model x 5 to make it large enough to add some BrightDot LEDs.
Both parts were 3D printed with the Vertex Delta and we used silver PLA, then we joined the parts by using super glue.
To give the DeLorean a flashy look, we added these parts:
- 1x development board (VMW101)
- 2x flashing LEDs > replace LEDs with blue types 4x L-3BC (MK102)
- 1x brightdot corner pack (VMW105)
- 1x brightdot circle pack (VMW107)
- 2x medium brightdot pack (hint: use 2×5 brightdot for the front bumper) (VMW103)
- 1x large brightdot pack (VMW104)
- 1x battery holder with lead (extend the leads) (BH341BS)
- hot glue gun
- flexible wires for extension
Good luck and be sure to share your results!